- Course material for March 3 and 5.
For the next 2 classes for your project
- Have a seat with your group members.
- Encourage your group members not to skip the classes.
- (5 to 10 min) Set a specific goal for each class: I will ask in the beginning of the classes.
- e.g. “We will complete to construct a Pandas table with our dataset.”, “Our goal is to collect Yelp data during the last 3 months.”, “We’ll make a presentation file.”
- At the end of the classes(5 to 10 min), evaluate the achievement compared to the initial goals you set. Briefly explain what were challenges, and major achievements.
Expected elements in your upcoming project presentation
- What is the dataset you would use? (not only website, but also specific attributes.)
- What is the basic question you try to answer with this dataset? (Being specific is better.) Why is the question important?
- Why is your dataset (or attributes of the dataset) good to answer your question?
- What techniques (in machine learning) will you use to answer your question?
- Why is the technique better compared to other possible candidate techniques?
- Are there any similar attempts? If exist, what would be the advantage of yours competitively?
- How will you present your result? (e.g. predicting something, clustering something)